Browser compatibility testing verifies if the product correctly operates across different browsers. The testing consists of identifying specific patterns of functional behavior and interface appearance, as well as in finding bugs that impair the product performance in a particular browser.
Cross-browser testing is performed to eliminate discrepancies in the websites and web services functions that are caused by how a specific browser operates (for instance, some of the product features may or may not be supported), as well as differences in the operation of the desktop and mobile versions of the product.
Cross-browser testing verifies that the product is fully functional on a variety of devices, allows for the extension of its life cycle, and ensures the correct operation of the product regardless of the user device configuration.
How We Perform Cross Browser Testing on Real Devices
We check the product compatibility with various browsers via manual testing on real devices, as well as using emulators that simulate their functions (please visit our Lab). To increase our performance efficiency, we use modern cross-browser tools and services which allow comprehensive automated testing of the products of any complexity level.
During browser compatibility testing, the following product criteria are tested:
- Uniformity of the dynamic interface elements;
- Uniform display of fonts;
- Correct page layout;
- Interface graphics (images, backgrounds, fields, text areas);
- The ability to scale, cursor hover, or page scroll.
We use various methods to test the website multi-browser compatibility:
- “Live” tests during which the product is being operated in a browser with predefined settings, and the test results are documented via video recordings and saving screenshots;
- Selenium tests which involve automated testing of products based on pre-written scripts with a video recording of the results;
- Automatic screenshots saving for different combinations of various operating systems, browsers, devices, scales, and screen resolutions;
- Local check of the documents not yet uploaded to the server.
All products are tested in accordance with the composed test cases, which indicate all possible configurations of the environments with which the product will interact, such as varieties and bit size of the OS, types, and versions of the browsers, the capabilities of graphic adapters, the devices memory size and the network’s bandwidth. Then all bugs and their priority are recorded in the bug tracking system.
QA Supermarket provides comprehensive QA testing services on-demand and with competitive, completely transparent prices.
We’ve created a way to provide Manual Testing as SaaS. As quick as automated testing, as clever as a human. With our experience, we can launch continuous testing of your project in just 2 days.