- • test results are more accurate;
- • bugs are easier to reproduce;
- • the ability to test for interruptions (incoming calls, notifications, low battery).
Why are android and iOS testing so prominent?
99,6% of sold smartphones run on either Android or iOS
When Mobile App Quality Assurance (QA) Needs
Mobile App Quality Assurance services are widely used in different business areas. Even large companies possessing their own staff of IT specialists in some cases may require the involvement of independent experts in QA. This is especially a hot topic for the situations given below:
- Before the launch of a new project, it is necessary to strengthen the team or conduct an audit of already accomplished work.
- The problem product must be kept afloat to eliminate drawbacks and correct errors in documentation.
- The company wants to reconfigure the work process of its QA department and enhance the professionalism of employees.
Types and Stages of Mobile Application Testing
To identify and report bugs in the operation of the mobile application, our company experts run various test cases and apply different verification tools. Moreover, the software product testing process is carried out in stages in accordance with all checklist items.
The main areas of testing include:
- • Functional Testing: the application’s adherence to stated requirements is verified. In this case, the bug search techniques will depend on the application type, its target users, and distribution channels. At this stage, test installation and launch of the application are performed, forms and fields presentation and behavior are verified, business functionality; we check if the application properly functions while messages are being received or the device is charging, as well as confirm normal user feedback and operation after the introduction of updates;
- • Usability Testing: search for bugs affecting the operation of context menus, buttons, navigation systems, Zoom-in and Zoom-out modes, size and color of images and fonts, text readability, and the application resume in its previous state;
- • UI Testing, or graphical user interface check for compliance with the specification requirements. At this stage, we test the application interface behavior at different standard screen resolutions, the application compatibility with various devices, the appearance and operation of the basic design elements, the correct display of all application elements at a landscape and portrait orientation of the screen;
- • Compatibility Testing (Configuration Testing) involves testing the application on various operating systems, browsers, devices, and networks. At this stage, we perform cross-platform and cross-browser testing at different devices and networks configurations (for smartphones and tablets with various RAM volumes, processor types, screen resolutions, battery capacity);
- • Application Security Testing: search for bugs that increase software products vulnerability to hacker attacks, viruses, attempts to crack the application and obtain unauthorized access to confidential information, as well as possibly harmful effects of cookies.
In addition, our QA specialists conduct additional tests, such as:
- • Application Performance Testing, which includes test cases to verify the application performance under the normal, peak, and stress loads, with a large number of users accessing the system simultaneously and with increased data volumes;
- • Recovery Testing, which is aimed at verifying the normal operation of the application after possible crashes associated with software bugs, hardware failures, or communication issues;
- • Retesting and Regression Testing, which is related to the search for bugs that occur after previously found mobile application defects have been fixed.
To run all test cases, our experts use both manual and automated methods of mobile application testing utilizing modern tools and techniques.