Mobile Application Testing Services consist of testing of the applications for operability in the operating system as well as testing for compliance with the mobile application store requirements. Due to the differences in platforms and variability of the mobile app stores requirements, Android app testing and iOS app testing are conducted separately.
It is preferable to test the applications on real devices, since this method (compared to the others) has the following advantages:
- test results are more accurate;
- bugs are easier to reproduce;
- the ability to test for interruptions (incoming calls, notifications, low battery).
Types and Stages of Mobile Application Testing
To identify and report bugs in the mobile applications operation, our company experts run various test cases and apply different verification tools. Moreover, the software product testing process is carried out in stages in accordance with all checklist items.
The main areas of testing include:
- Functional Testing: the application’s adherence to stated requirements is verified. In this case, the bug search techniques will depend on the application type, its target users and distribution channels. At this stage, test installation and launch of the application are performed, forms and fields presentation and behavior are verified, business functionality; we check if the application properly functions while messages are being received or the device is charging, as well as confirm normal user feedback and operation after the introduction of updates;
- Usability Testing: search for bugs affecting the operation of context menus, buttons, navigation systems, Zoom-in and Zoom-out modes, size and color of images and fonts, text readability, and the application resume in its previous state;
- UI Testing, or graphical user interface check for compliance with the specification requirements. At this stage, we test the application interface behavior at different standard screen resolutions, the application compatibility with various devices, the appearance and operation of the basic design elements, the correct display of all application elements at landscape and portrait orientation of the screen;
- Compatibility Testing (Configuration Testing) involves testing of the application on various operating systems, browsers, devices and networks. At this stage, we perform cross-platform and cross-browser testing at different devices and networks configurations (for smartphones and tablets with various RAM volumes, processor types, screen resolutions, battery capacity);
- Application Security Testing: search for bugs that increase software products vulnerability to hacker attacks, viruses, attempts to crack the application and obtain unauthorized access to confidential information, as well as possible harmful effects of cookies.
In addition, our QA specialists conduct additional tests, such as:
- Application Performance Testing, which includes test cases to verify the application performance under normal, peak and stress loads, with a large number of users accessing the system simultaneously and with increased data volumes;
- Recovery Testing, which is aimed at verifying normal operation of the application after possible crashes associated with software bugs, hardware failures or communication issues;
- Retesting and Regression Testing, which is related to the search for bugs that occur after previously found mobile application defects have been fixed.
To run all test cases, our experts use both manual and automated methods of mobile application testing utilizing modern tools and techniques.